Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
Go with VITA!
(We’ll do your taxes for free)
Be a VITA Volunteer and make a Difference
You are giving back to the Community!
“I decided to be a VITA volunteer after I got help during tough financial times. I
know every return I complete is making a difference for a family”.
What is VITA?
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program (VITA) is a vital part of helping low- income working families in San Antonio and Bexar County. VITA volunteers provide free income tax assistance to taxpayers, and help them claim important tax credits such as the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit.
Every year, hundreds of people just like YOU contribute their time and expertise to provide FREE tax preparation to thousands of individuals and families across San Antonio.
If you have experience doing tax returns or just want to learn, and want to contribute to your community, we have the volunteer program for you, but sign up now--- space is limited!
· You perform a rewarding Community service
· You promote tax understanding and awareness
· You meet new people; work as a team
· You get to work with the nation’s largest volunteer program in San Antonio.
· You get free training and IRS certification
· You gain a marketable skill, expand your resume
You help San Antonio families access the more than $86 Million in unclaimed EITC each year
Sign me up to VOLUNTEER!